Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sprouting

Yesterday I posted about planting my seeds...

Well, truth is, I took pictures meaning to put them into a post later that day... Or the next day. That didn't happen until I actually had something sprouting. I finally got excited enough to post.

I am so sick of winter. I'm ready to be warmer than I'd like. I've definitely come down with a case of cabin fever, and want nothing more to get outside.

My marigold and some of my leaf lettuce have sprouted though. I'm excited by the little bit of green that brings to my day.

Green onions seem to be doing well. Previously, I have only grown them in cups of water on the windowsill, so I'm glad they're growing well after putting them directly into soil. 


I'm not sure how the celery is doing. I read that it can take a while to start growing. It looks like it is making some progress, at least. We don't eat much celery, so I think this will be the only plant we'll have. I can always add another if it turns out we eat celery quicker than it grows. 



No comments:

Post a Comment